New Pioneer Professional Plasma Gets Dazzling Boost With Sophisticated Black Bezel and Premier Picture Performance
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. announces the PDP-427CMX, a new 42” high resolution professional plasma display that enhances digital signage, meeting room, board room and other commercial applications with its proprietary technologies for excellent picture quality in all business environments. Pioneer sets the industry standard for professional plasma displays combining breathtaking imagery with a slim black bezel to provide commercial users a unique aesthetic that can be seamlessly integrated in an array of settings.
“From intense shopping mall exhibits to conference meeting rooms, our new professional plasma delivers Pioneer’s superior picture quality along with an array of convenience and customization capabilities for current and future applications,” said Jim Krodel, vice president of professional display for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The transition from a gray to black bezel is a further attempt to create a clean, sophisticated plasma that can upgrade the appearance of any professional setting.”
Superior Picture in Any Environment
The new display utilizes a Crystal Emissive Layer technology sandwiched between the plasma glass and the individual light cells. The layer allows each cell to increase the speed at which it charges and discharges the phosphor colors resulting in an extremely smooth transition from color to black, as well as providing increased detail in dark scenes and reduction in the overall energy consumption. Additionally, luminance efficiency is improved from previous models with greater power-saving performance.
The display also utilizes a Deep Encased Cell Structure for improved brightness and image reproduction. By deepening the entire cell structure, Pioneer has increased the display’s overall phosphor area to deliver some of the highest brightness levels (white peak) in the industry, while maintaining image accuracy for stunning high resolution picture reproduction that will capture any audience’s attention.
Pure Drive Pro
An exclusive feature of Pioneer professional plasmas, Pure Drive™ Pro technology delivers one of the industry’s most powerful signal processing engines with a 12-bit digital high performance chip drive to ensure premium performance and reliability in any professional application. The single chip ensures full digital image processing with minimal data loss for all signal types. An important component of Pure Drive Pro is Advanced Continuous Emission IV, which operates to enhance image quality by detecting the on-screen content and dynamically adjusting grayscale for greater black levels with enhanced detail.
Pioneer’s plasma displays offer significant longevity for a commercial user. Sixty thousand hours is an approximate time for the display panel to reach half of its original luminescence. This approximation may vary depending on source and type of content, settings, environment and use. This approximation does not provide or imply any warranty beyond the manufacturer's standard limited warranty.
Expansion Solutions Card Slots
A unique feature in Pioneer professional displays is the Expansion Solutions™ technology, which creates a product with the potential to evolve in the future by enabling users to customize and transform their display to meet the expanding requirements of communication technology. Through a series of expansion cards (available from Pioneer and many third-party manufacturers) the Pioneer PDP-427CMX allows users to insert a variety of expansion cards that enhance the audio and video capabilities of the display through dual slots located at the back of the plasma. The Pioneer Expansion Solution program increases the flexibility and adaptability of the PDP-427CMX for a multitude of new uses well into the future.
- Installers designing multi-monitor video walls will appreciate the plasma’s Intelligent Video Wall Mode that enable easier configuration for up to 25 screens. The mode possesses two functions: Adjusted for reproducing images, and Normal for displaying text and diagrams.
- For impressive presentation and promotions, users can take advantage of the display’s Intelligent Dual Screen Mode to create an assortment of dual-image display configurations with picture-in-picture mode.
- Conventional orbiter modes reduce image retention by moving the displayed image by one pixel at regular intervals. However, this movement is visually detectable, disturbing smooth picture quality. Pioneer’s exclusive Seamless Orbiter Mode moves the entire image in smaller steps, less than a pixel at a time. Our extensive research qualified this mode as the best image-orbiting pattern to virtually eliminate noticeable movement.
- Utilizing the plasma’s Program Timer provides greater convenience and functionality for users operating video walls with control of up to seven of the display’s functions via a weekly timer.
- For extremely rapid input switching, the plasma offers a High Speed Image Switch to deliver smooth, comfortable viewing of a display especially at exhibition halls or event venues.
- When using picture-in-picture or side-by-side mode, meeting presenters can temporarily freeze one side of the screen while viewing the other image in real time by employing the Dual Image Freeze function.
- If the display is connected to an appropriate control device through its RS-232C interface, users can use the RS232C Status Feedback feature that permits remote confirmation of the display’s status.
- Intelligent Auto Setup automatically adjusts the screen when a computer is connected.
The Pioneer PDP-427CMX professional plasma will be available in summer 2007 for a suggested price of $3995.
The Industrial Display Group of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is the leading provider of plasma and display products for business use. Pioneer introduced the industry’s first 50-inch high definition plasma display in 1997 and continues to deliver innovative display solutions for professional data display, audio/video, information technology, trade show, broadcast, legal, medical, education and transportation applications. In an effort to provide the highest quality of customer care, Pioneer professional plasma displays that are purchased through an authorized dealer, include a one-year warranty with convenient on-site service and technical support. Additional information can be found at www.piocmx.com or by calling 1.800.527.3766.
PIONEER, the PIONEER logo, the ELITE logo and PureVision are registered trademarks of the Pioneer Corporation.
A Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. press release, dated March 15, 2007, referenced in error that a First Surface Pure Color Filter is part of Pioneer’s new PDP-427CMX professional plasma display. Pioneer has updated the March 15, 2007 press release to remove this reference, as shown above.