Pioneer Harnesses the Power of the Smartphone and Adds CD-Free Digital Media In-Dash Receiver to NEX Lineup
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today expands its popular NEX platform with the new MVH-2300NEX, a double-DIN 7” LCD digital media receiver designed to complement the connected consumer’s lifestyle. The CD-free design is ideal for drivers who use music streaming apps such as Spotify® and Pandora®, or listen to music stored on their smartphones. The new receiver is built for popular automotive-specific smartphone interfaces and apps and has a consumer-friendly suggested retail price, making the MVH-2300NEX Pioneer’s most affordable entry with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility.
This summer, Pioneer will feature the MVH-2300NEX in its Upgrade Your Car Tour, an experiential tour traveling across America to give consumers the opportunity to get hands-on experience with Pioneer products. The tour also features the newest NEX units introduced in May 2017, the double-DIN 7” LCD AVH-2330NEX and AVH-2300NEX, double-DIN 6.2” LCD AVH-1330NEX and AVH-1300NEX, and single-DIN 7” flip out LCD AVH-3300NEX. The Upgrade Your Car Tour kicks off in southern California on July 15th at the 41st annual San Clemente Ocean Festival and will visit 13 other cities over the next five months, ending in mid-October. For a list of events and dates of the tour, visit- www.pioneerelectronics.com/upgradetour.
MVH-2300NEX FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS
Easy Smartphone Connectivity and Convenience
- Bluetooth® Wireless Connectivity – The new model features built-in Bluetooth1 wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. Users are able to pre-register up to five smartphones with the receiver, enabling hands-free calling and/or music to be streamed from any of the five previously paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices. Additionally, the response time between switching pre-registered devices is faster, as is access to music and contacts stored on the connected device.
- To maximize the connectivity options and call quality for hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming, the NEX receiver features Bluetooth AVRCP 1.6 to provide browsing capability of a user’s media library, and HFP 1.6 with wideband speech for clearer overall sound quality, making it easier to recognize and understand voices during calls.
- Android Auto – With Android Auto integration, consumers can connect their compatible smartphones to extend the Android platform into the car in a way that is purpose-built for driving. Designed with safety in mind, Android Auto utilizes a simple and intuitive interface to provide navigation, communication, music and more, combined with powerful new voice actions for minimized distraction, so users stay focused on the road. Smartphones running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating systems offer Android Auto.
- Apple CarPlay – The CarPlay-compatible MVH-2300NEX receiver offers consumers the ability to upgrade the vehicles they already own with the latest iPhone® technology specifically designed for the car. Consumers with the latest version of iOS on their iPhone 5 or newer, including iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6s, can use Siri® voice control to make and receive calls, compose and respond to text messages, access Apple Maps for navigation, and listen to their music, podcasts, or iTunes® Radio.
Expanded Entertainment Options
- Spotify – Control content from the Spotify app for iPhone and Android devices as a dedicated source on the receiver. Listeners can now play, pause and skip tracks using the Pioneer controls, and with a few taps, it is just as easy to browse playlists, albums and radio stations on the go. Premium2 users enjoy ad-free, high quality music and can download music and listen offline with no internet connection.
- Pandora Station Creation and Station Presets – The Pandora station creation3 feature enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device or compatible Android smartphone. Users can simply press and hold a button on the new receiver to create a new Pandora station dynamically from the currently playing song or artist. Pandora enables listeners to store their personalized stations on six presets for easy access on the receiver.
- USB Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drive or compatible Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol.
- SiriusXM Radio Connectivity – The MVH-2300NEX is compatible with SiriusXM® with the addition of a SXV300 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The unit is also compatible with the Tune Start™, Tune Scan™, Tune Mix and Sports Flash features of SiriusXM.
Enhanced Look and Functionality
- Sleek Visual User Interface – The receiver is built with a clear resistive touchscreen and 24-bit true color LCD panel, making it more responsive than traditional resistive touchscreens, with increased color depth for brighter colors and more vibrant images. The model also features a redesigned UI with large source and system settings icons for easy accessibility and operation.
- Simple Smartphone Connection – When a driver plugs in his or her smartphone to the receiver, the unit is able to detect whether the connected phone is an iPhone or Android device, and automatically brings up the corresponding service on the screen, CarPlay or Android Auto respectively.4
- Waze® Accessibility – Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation application. The new NEX units bring the highly popular Waze functionality into the dash of the vehicle on a larger touchscreen display, making it easier to view maps and directions.5 To use the Waze app on the MVH-2300NEX, the driver connects a smartphone to the receiver via the smartphone’s corresponding interface cable (sold separately) and opens the application using Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode+, a feature that gives users access and control of popular in-vehicle apps directly from the receiver’s screen.6
Superior Audio Performance
- Optimized PCB layout for superior audio signal integrity and audiophile-grade capacitors and other components tuned to produce truly premium audio
- 13 band Graphic Equalizer with touch panel swipe setting and built-in high/low pass crossover with expanded adjustable crossover points and slopes
- Built-in Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment provide customized audio adjustments for the driver7
- Advanced Sound Retriever®
- Ability for users to play back full HD videos stored on a USB and NTFS files stored on a compatible external HDD8
- Receivers offer playback of files encoded as high-res FLAC up to 192kHz/24 bit and provide playback output at 44kHz/16bit
- Backup camera ready – compatible with many original equipment (OE) and most universal rear-view cameras, including Pioneer’s ND-BC8 rear-view camera (sold separately)
- Width and distance parking reference lines are displayed on the NEX touchscreen to further assist the driver
- iDatalink® Maestro™ support available
- Compatibility with Pioneer’s AVIC-U280 outboard navigation system (sold separately)
- USB Quick Charge – charges 1.5 amp Android devices
- High power MOSFET 50W x 4
For more information on the new receiver and complete line of NEX units, visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX.
Pioneer’s MVH-2300NEX receiver will be available in September with a suggested retail price of $450.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., is a preeminent manufacturer of leading-edge technology solutions for the mobile electronics aftermarket. Its affiliate Pioneer Automotive Technologies, Inc. (PAT) is a key supplier for Tier 1 automotive entertainment systems and components to vehicle manufactures. Pioneer is focused on creating the ultimate in-car entertainment experience with high performance audio and video components, as well as connectivity with today’s smart devices. Building off of more than 75 years of electronics experience, Pioneer has expanded into the cycle sports industry, designing world-class power meters and cycle computers for professional athletes and cycling enthusiasts.
Read all safety instructions in the product documentation before use. Distracted driving can result in serious injury, or death. Only use a function when it is safe and legal in your location, pay attention to the road and your surroundings, and obey all traffic rules.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Spotify Premium requires a monthly paid subscription.
3Feature requires compatible receiver and metadata must be available on desired track or artist from which user wants to create station.
4CarPlay is accessible via the user’s iPhone cable or Pioneer’s optional CD-IU52 cable, and Android Auto is accessible via the user’s compatible Android device cable or Pioneer’s optional CD-MU200 cable. USB Type-C devices may require additional Google certified adapters or cables.
5An active data connection is required to use the Waze application. Functionality is limited when driving to reduce driver distraction. The parking brake must be engaged to access the keyboard and enter location destinations.
6When using AppRadio Mode+, Pioneer’s AppRadio App is required. Not all Android devices work with AppRadio Mode+, check the website for smartphone compatibility http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX
7To use Auto EQ or Auto Time Alignment, Pioneer’s CD-MC20 microphone is required. The CD-MC20 is sold separately from the receiver.
8For the full list of compatible format types, visit the product page- http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX. Video playback is enabled only when the vehicle is in park and the parking brake engaged.
Pioneer and Advanced Sound Retriever are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
Apple, Carplay, iPhone, Siri, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android Auto and Waze are trademarks of Google Inc.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify AB.
Pandora is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
iDatalink and Maestro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Automotive Data Solutions Inc.