3-1/2” – 2-Way, 450 W Max power, 25mm Tweeter – Coaxial Speaker (Pair)
- 450 Watts Max Power (100 Watts Nominal)
- 25mm polyetherimide Tweeter with Neodymium Magnet
- 3-1/2” Carbon and Mica reinforced Injected Molded Polypropylene - IMPP Cone
- Inline crossover network with audio quality capacitor
Easily Upgrade to High Performance
Pioneer’s A-series sound design purposely matches the subwoofer and full-range loudspeakers to provide seamless and smooth sound characteristics with dynamic, high impact bass that lets you hear and feel the music.
Direct Fit OEM Upgrade
The TS-A879 is a 2-way coaxial 3-1/2" speaker. Its carbon and mica reinforced woofer cone stands up to the harsh in-car environment while providing natural sounding tonal qualities with an OPEN & SMOOTH transition to the polyetherimide Tweeter.
This speaker is designed as a direct OEM speaker replacement in many vehicles including Toyota, Dodge, Chrysler and more.
High Quality Audio Capacitors
The inline audio quality capacitor is designed as an 850 Hz HPF or High Pass Filter. An HPF allows only higher frequencies above 850 Hz to the speaker. This protects the TS-A879 from high power low frequency damage.
OPEN & SMOOTH
Pioneer’s OPEN & SMOOTH sound concept provides a seamless and smooth transition between the midrange and tweeter drivers and delivers uniform off-axis frequency response optimized for automotive applications where one or more speakers are often aimed away from the listeners’ ears.
Learn Which Speakers Fit your Car
Listening to your music is a big part of enjoying your drive to the fullest. By replacing your factory 2-3/4 or 3-1/2” speakers with Pioneer’s 2-way coaxial speakers, you can recreate your music with better clarity and improved range of sound. Both TS-A709 and TS-A879 speakers are designed to allow easy OEM replacement in many vehicles including Toyota, Dodge, Chevrolet, Chrysler and more. Click here to visit our installation coverage guide to learn which speakers will fit your vehicle.
What’s in the Box
- One pair of 3-1/2 wide range speakers
- One pair In-line crossover network
- 1 Year Warranty Sheet
Standards & Performance
- 100 Watts with packaged crossover network
- 6,200 Hz - Acoustic / 4,800 Hz - Electric
- 52Hz to 33kHz/ 850 Hz to 33kHz - with inline packaged crossover network
- 450 Watts with packaged crossover network
- 85 dB
- Coaxial 2-way
- 3-1/2" / 25mm - Tweeter
- Carbon and Mica reinforced Injected Molded Polypropylene - IMPP
- Aramid Fiber
- 4.5 oz
- Glass Imide
- Single Voice Coil
- Lug Type
- Polyetherimide (PEI)
- 0.1 oz
- Balance Dome