5¼" Component Speaker Package
- 300 Watts Max Power (35 Watts Nominal)
- Carbon Graphite IMPP Cone with Interlaced aramid fiber Provides Strength and Rigidity for Full-Bodied, Rich Sound
- Soft Dome Tweeter with Wave Guide for Increased Sensitivity
PIONEERING AN IDEAL
Absolute fidelity to musical sources takes form from speakers that reproduce the ambience in which sounds originate. Stage size, musicians’ movement, aural reflection and other distinctive details all bring these sounds to life. Pioneer A-Series speakers are available in 2-way component packages or coaxial designs in multiple sizes that fit most vehicles.
WHAT IS “OPEN & SMOOTH?”
The "Open & Smooth" sound concept of our industry-leading speakers delivers both sonic excellence and performance. The open-staging and smooth transition of driver response makes for an immersive experience that is truly the ultimate in-car sound.
- Open: Open staging and sound characteristics enhance the widening effect that extends way beyond the space between speakers.
- Smooth: With smooth transitions between mid-bass and tweeter, sound from these speakers is not marred by crossover frequency dips.
CARBON GRAPHITE IMPP INTERLACED ARAMID FIBER CONE
The A-Series IMPP cone is designed with long aramid fibers to provide strength and durability that powerful bass sound requires. The revolutionary durable, yet lightweight IMPP cones significantly reduce mid-to-low range distortion and reproduce sound staging to a natural effect. The high-density compressed internal architecture is resilient, handles high power well, and transfers sound quickly. The result is a fullbodied, rich sound character with midrange depth that conventional IMPP cones cannot match.
SOFT-DOME DIAPHRAGM MIDRANGE
For a smooth off-axis response, the speakers include a soft dome midrange driver utilizing a wave guide enclosure. The design enables mid and high frequencies to be projected in a uniform and wide dispersion pattern, resulting in a smooth on- and off-axis response.
LOW CROSSOVER FREQUENCY
Pioneer extends tweeter performance to much lower frequencies, creating a wider response with fuller midrange fidelity and clear, accurate vocals.
- Lightweight elastic polymer surround for high sensitivity
- New grille design
- Smooth off-axis response
- 5-1/4", 3/4" (tweeter)
- 300 W (35 W)
- Carbon Graphite-Aramid IMPP
- 28 Hz to 29 kHz
- 89 dB
- 4 Ω
- 2-1/8", 3/4" (tweeter)