Last Update: December 22, 2022
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IS IT USED?
We collect information about you to facilitate providing products, services, and support to you, personalize and improve your shopping and viewing experience on the Websites, comply with our legal obligations, and otherwise operate our business. The following are the types of information gathered through the Websites.
Information You Give Us: When you interact with Pioneer as described below, you provide personal information that may include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, payment information such as a credit card number, and other information that identifies you or that is about you and can be reasonably linked to you.
We and our service providers use the personal information you provide for a variety of purposes relating to our business, including to:
- Process and fulfill product purchases through our online store, including any returns or service requests
- Deliver Pioneer and partner services to you, such as Amazon Alexa functionality for receivers with Alexa Built-in
- Provide you with information about Pioneer, its products, services, and partners depending on your request
- Register your product with us, including delivering information about the product such as the availability of firmware updates
- Provide customer support and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses
- Conduct surveys or market research in which you may choose to participate
- Help us better understand our customers and their interest in Pioneer and our products and improve our products and services
- Host and manage the Websites and email communications, for technical support of our systems, and otherwise for our business operations
- Detect and prevent fraud, security incidents and other suspicious activity and comply with law
- Fulfill other purposes as described to you at the point of collection
COMMUNICATING WITH US AND OTHERS
Email: We use email to communicate with our customers, including to provide information about our products, services, company, and partners and as a channel for providing us feedback. If at any time you wish to remove your email address from Pioneer’s email marketing list, you can do so by selecting the opt-out option in our email messages or by updating your “My Account” settings online. If you opt out, we still may email you for non-marketing purposes with respect to your purchases of our products and services, for example the availability of firmware updates or any changes to services.
Advertising: We use various methods of identifying and presenting our advertisements to consumers who may be interested in our products and services and to measure the effectiveness of those advertising efforts, and we use third party advertising and analytic service providers to do so.
Do Not Track Signals: The Websites do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
DISCLOSURE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pioneer does not sell or rent your personal information. We disclose personal information to our affiliates (for example, our parent company) and to our service providers (including where they collect personal information on our behalf), for the purposes described under “What Information is Collected and How is it Used?” Pioneer may also disclose personal information to certain of its business partners who provide services that complement or interoperate with our products and services, if required by law, court order or governmental regulation, such as in response to a subpoena, other legal process, or where we elect to comply with a law enforcement or other government request; to report activities we reasonably believe to be unlawful; or as necessary to exercise our legal rights, defend claims brought against us, or otherwise protect our interests. If Pioneer or substantially all of our assets is acquired, customer and other personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
While we use reasonable technical and organizational security measures in an effort to protect the personal information we collect from you, no security system is perfect and we cannot guarantee that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
The Websites do not provide services or sell products to persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information of persons under 16.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
If we need or are required to contact you about information you have provided to us, we may do so by email, mail or telephone at our discretion.