High-Definition Multi-Purpose Commercial Plasma Display From Pioneer Outperforms the Competition With Best in Class Image Quality
AV communications industry executives gather this week at InfoComm to view the latest technology for commercial use, including a newly introduced 50” high definition plasma display from Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. that offers commercial users the most flexible solutions for digital signage, board room and other business applications. The PDP-505CMX PureVision™ plasma offers Pioneer's First Surface Pure Color Filter™, creating incredibly lifelike images for digital signage that truly stand out from ordinary displays. This new plasma display capitalizes on Pioneer's Expansion Solutions™ technology, giving the user the ability to insert a variety of expansion cards in a slot at the bottom of the plasma to change or enhance the capabilities of the display. Expansion cards are available from Pioneer as well as a variety of third-party manufacturers to create custom display solutions.
First Surface Pure Color Filter
For end-users who want their display to attract attention, Pioneer's display with the First Surface Pure Color Filter reproduces the most brilliant lifelike colors possible while providing better contrast levels in bright environments and the most accurate picture quality currently available. Pioneer's new technology uses one less piece of glass than in previous models, reducing environmental waste in manufacturing and eventual recycling. It improves picture quality by reducing reflection and increasing black levels.
Expansion Solutions Card Slots
Pioneer's vision for its Expansion Solutions program is to provide a more future-proof environment for plasma displays by enabling users to customize their display to meet the rapid evolution of display network control and monitoring technology. Pioneer's plasmas can be adapted through expansion cards to allow access to the World Wide Web, to create a TV tuner, for system control, MPEG playback, signal interface, wireless connectivity or for an imbedded PC. The flexibility and adaptability of Pioneer's newly introduced PDP-505CMX and the stalwart PDP-504CMX and PDP-434CMX enable them to outperform the competition today as well as into the future. As expert third party manufacturers continue to develop new expansion cards, the breadth of new applications using Pioneer's plasma displays will grow exponentially.
The PDP-505CMX employs Pioneer's PureDrive™ technology to maintain the purest digital signal possible for a clear, smooth and natural image quality. PureDrive includes:
- Advanced Continuous Emission III (ACE III) reduces the visible steps between the levels of color being viewed making color transitions smoother than before.
- Pioneer's unique Deep Encased Cell Structure and the use of fluorescent materials results in one of the highest brightness levels (white peak) in the industry.
- Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) effectively reduces random noise.
- MPEG Noise Reduction effectively reduces mosquito noise unique to MPEG signals.
- Natural Enhancer emphasizes image contours without causing adverse effects such as rough-edged images.
- Color Detail Adjustment allows users to independently fine-adjust the six basic colors.
Pioneer's plasma displays offer significant longevity for a commercial user. Sixty thousand hours is an approximate time for the display panel to reach half of its original luminescence. This approximation may vary depending on source and type of content, settings, environment and use. This approximation does not provide or imply any warranty beyond the manufacturer's standard limited warranty.
- Three Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Display Modes offers a variety of PiP combinations.
- Intelligent Auto Setup function automatically adjusts the screen when a computer is connected.
- Point Zoom function allows users to expand any portion of a PC image in three steps 1.5x, 2x and 3x for emphasizing key points in a presentation.
- 2x2 Enlarged Display function optimizes images depending on the input source when the four-segment multi screen display is used.
- Error Information function performs self-diagnosis of a malfunction and displays its cause using error codes as a sequence of lights on the front of the display for easy diagnosis.
- Screen Management gives integrators the ability to schedule video patterns at predetermined intervals to help achieve even wear of the phosphors in the panel allowing Pioneer's plasmas to be better suited to withstand the rigors of digital signage and other professional display applications.
- The PDP-505CMX professional plasma display offers one of the lowest power consumptions in the industry– approximately 280 watts average consumption – without limiting performance.
- Various Energy Save Modes are available, including Power Save;, Intermediate; Linear Brightness which decreases the peak intensity of high-brightness images; and Auto Brightness Control which uses a light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness depending on room lighting.
The Industrial Display Group of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is the leading provider of plasma and video display products for business use. Pioneer introduced the industry's first 50-inch high definition plasma display in 1997 and continues to deliver innovative display solutions for professional audio/video, information technology, trade show, broadcast, legal, medical, education and transportation applications. In an effort to provide the highest quality of customer care, Pioneer professional plasma displays that are purchased through an authorized dealer, include a one-year warranty with convenient on-site service and technical support. Additional information can be found at www.pioneerindustrialav.com.
|Resolution||1280 x 768 Wide XGA|
|Pixel Pitch||0.858 (H/RGB trio) x 0.808 (V) mm|
|Power Consumption||280 Watts avg. (0.8W in stand by)|
|Video Input Terminals||Mini D-Sub 15 Pin
(Analog RGB Signal)
DVI-D 24 Pin
(Digital RGB Signal)
|RS-232C||D-Sub 9 Pin|
|DVI 1.0 w/HDCP||Yes|
|Dimensions||48 (W) x 28.11 (H) x 3.86 (D) inches|
|Weight||90 lbs. 4 oz.|