Pioneer DJ Announces New Glossy White Version of Active Reference DJ Speakers
Pioneer DJ announces a new glossy white version of its popular S-DJ05 active reference DJ speakers. The white color version, model S-DJO5-W, offers the same excellent sound quality and superior operability of the original model, making it an ideal speaker monitor for DJs and audio professionals looking to obtain the most accurate sound reproduction.
S-DJ05-W features include:
- Color to Match Any Decor – The new glossy white S-DJ05-W (and light silver controller) provides a modern and elegant look that will match any décor.
- Excellent Sound Quality – The compact speakers cover a larger than normal listening area due to the use of a curved waveguide enclosure that directs the soft-dome tweeter’s sound in a wider pattern for better imaging and staging. This means more listeners across a larger area of a room can hear the higher frequencies than with traditional designs. Additionally, the Bass Reflex enclosure extends the lower frequency range to provide more mid-bass and bass output. In order to reproduce the highest quality audio possible, the speakers are also equipped with a low resonance chimney-style heat sink and a bi-amp circuit that drive the tweeter and woofer separately.
- Handheld Control – Unique to Pioneer’s DJ speakers, the included handheld control accessory allows users to simultaneously operate the volume, power and four swit chable input channels of both speakers. The dial style control knob also engages the equalizer and muting of both speakers.
- Sound Adjustments – The S-DJ05-W is equipped with a linear EQ function that allows non-step adjustment of frequency characteristics in the high and low frequency bands from -6dB to +6dB, providing users with fine tuning capability that suit a variety of music activities.
- Input Switching Functionality – The S-DJ05-W is equipped with four types of inputs (XLR, TRS and two sets of RCA) that let users connect and switch inputs between various devices simultaneously, such as a computer, DJ equipment, portable device, etc. The various inputs eliminate the need to change cable connections so the speakers can be utilized with a broad variety of sources.
- Other features of the S-DJ05-W include –
- The bottom surface is equipped with screw holes for installing commercially available metal fixtures1 that can be used for setting the speakers on stands.
- The speakers also feature an environmentally-friendly Auto Standby mode that automatically detects input signals and switches the standby mode when input is not detected within 60 minutes.
(S-DJ05-W Video Demonstration Link)
The S-DJ05-W speakers are available in December 2011 with a suggested retail price of $899.
For more information about the S-DJ05-W please visit: http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.aspx?product=S-DJ05&cp=5.
1Metal fixtures not sold by Pioneer.