Pioneer DDJ-WeGO Controller Adds Support for Algoriddm's djay Software
djay Software Available at No Cost for DDJ-WeGO Owners
Pioneer’s most affordable DJ controller, the DDJ-WeGO, currently bundled with the “Virtual DJ Limited Edition” software by Atomix Productions, is now compatible1 with Algoriddim’s djay® DJ software. The djay2* software, available exclusively for Mac®, utilizes the user’s iTunes® music library to simplify the music mixing experience and provides basic DJ functions such as scratching and mixing, an Auto Mix feature for seamless playback of music without interruption, and an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that rotates the album artwork of the music being played. Current users of the djay software can simply update* the software for compatibility when used with a DDJ-WeGO.
For DDJ-WeGO users, a “djay LE” version of the software is available at no cost with. The “djay LE” software provides many of the same functions as the original “djay” version, with the exception of the Recording and Automix functions, and can be downloaded from the Algoriddim website (http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-le).
Pioneer’s DDJ-WeGO DJ controllers make it easy for beginners to learn how to mix with built-in effects and features:
- Jog FX – Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the Jog wheel.
- Pulse Control – Provides users with visual prompts with a variety of colored lights on the Jog platters:
- Mix Pulse – The mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the Jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases, allowing the user to check visually that the beats are in sync. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights helps to improve beat matching skills.3
- Launch Pulse – Triggers a red light on the Jog wheel to signify that music has been loaded successfully.
- FX Pulse – The effect being applied to the currently playing song will not only be heard, but will also be represented visually via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- USB Power – The DDJ-WeGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- Other features
- Five available colors: white, black, red, green, and violet
- Built-in audio ports for high quality sound input and output
- Built-in sound card for expanded music storage and portability
- Compact in size and weighs less than four pounds for easy transportation
Pioneer’s DDJ-WeGO controller is available with a suggested retail price of $399.
1 DDJ-WeGO firmware must be updated to Ver 1.05 to be compatible with djay, and is available at http://pioneerdj.com/support.
2 The djay software is available from the App Store ($19.99).
3 Mix Pulse feature not available on the DDJ-WeGO when using the djay or djay LE software
*Owners of previous versions of the djay software can update to the latest software version at no cost for use with the DDJ-WeGO.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
Mac and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
djay and djay LE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Algoriddim GmbH.
Virtual DJ is a trademark of Atomix Productions Inc.