Pioneer DDJ-SP1 Unleashed for Serato DJ Software Users
DDJ-SP1 Sub-controller Adds More Sound Effects to Music Mixing
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division continues to help enhance DJ performances with the introduction of the DDJ-SP1 sub-controller. Designed for Serato® software users, specifically for “Serato DJ,” the DDJ-SP1 is a slim and compact sub-controller that uses multiple performance pads, controls, buttons, and knobs to trigger a variety of unique audio samples and effects. The DDJ-SP1 is designed to be the ideal companion to Pioneer’s new DJM-900SRT mixer but can also be matched with other systems via its MIDI controller functionality.
“The DDJ-SP1 is made for Serato software users who really want to add effects when using a professional DJ setup of two players and a mixer such as the DJM-900SRT,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “With the sub-controller, DJs can enhance their performances with multiple effects, similar to what’s being done with our extremely popular DDJ-SX controller for Serato DJ.”
Serious Audio Effects
The DDJ-SP1's built-in pads, faders, knobs and buttons closely mimic the control layout of Pioneer's well-received DDJ-SX controller.
- Performance Pads – Pioneer added 16 “performance pads” on the sub-controller for seven different functionalities: hot loop, auto loop, manual loop, hot cue, roll, slicer and sampler. It also includes a “Velocity Mode” function that determines the output volume of the sample based on how hard the pads are struck. Each pad can be assigned as a hot cue point, and its blue illumination will signify its state of play for instant graphic feedback.
- Sampler Volume Fader – In between the performance pads is a volume slider to control output of the trigger pads. The convenient location of the slider enables quick volume adjustment during finger drum performances.
- Slip Mode – Pioneer included a Slip Mode function that enables continuous music playback in the background even when loops and hot cues are being performed. The functionality can also be used with players and controllers that support Serato DJ but not Slip Mode.
- FX Knobs/Buttons – The integrated knobs and buttons are arranged for Serato DJ software for operation of iZotope® effects.
- The sub-controller includes a free of charge download of Serato Video (valued at more than $100), a video control plug-in compatible with Serato DJ, Scratch Live and ITCH, that makes it extremely easy for users to insert video, effects and image files with music.
- USB connectivity and charging.
- DDJ-SP1 can be mounted on the X-Stand (T-U101), Pioneer’s portable DJ stand (sold separately).
- Compact (12.9” x 7” x 1.8”) and weighs only three pounds, for easy transportation.
The Pioneer DDJ-SP1 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $499.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
SERATO is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research Ltd.
iZotope is a registered trademark of iZotope Inc.