Pioneer Builds Special Mixer for Serato Software Enthusiasts
Serato DJ Software Compatibility Now Available in New DJM-900SRT High-Performance Professional DJ Mixer
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division continues to expand its innovative DJ product offerings with the introduction of the DJM-900SRT Serato DJ Edition high performance digital mixer. Designed especially for use with Serato® DJ software, the new mixer eliminates the need for an outboard sound card when used in conjunction with multiple players or turntables. In addition to compatibility with the software, the mixer inherits the same features offered by Pioneer’s highly acclaimed and industry standard DJM-900nexus mixer including onboard effects and high-performance components for intuitive operability and excellent sound quality.
“There has been tremendous growth in the number of Serato software users and the market has been waiting for a Pioneer mixer built with Serato functionality,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The DJM-900SRT is the ideal mixer for DJs who want to move into a more professional setup using separate players but still want that software functionality found in a controller setup that uses a laptop.”
Variety of Effects
- Internal High-Quality Soundcard – The DJM-900SRT is equipped with an internal Serato certified soundcard providing the user with Serato DJ software control by simply connecting the mixer to a laptop via a USB cable. The included Control Disc1 for CD or Vinyl enables mixing and scratching with up to four CDJs or turntables without the need for external hardware.
- Automatic Beat Sync – With Serato DJ compatibility, the mixer captures the BPM of the music and beat location information, automatically correcting any mismatches between beats resulting in effects that are perfectly synced with the beat of the music.
- Creative Sound Effect Functions
- Sound Color FX – The mixer includes six types of Sound Color FX for numerous audio effect combinations and arrangements that can be added in to music currently playing with a simple twist of the knobs.
- Beat Effect – A total of 13 channel-assignable effects are available that can be added by the user through a selectable knob located on the right side of the mixer.
- X-Pad – A touch screen control bar that enables quick access and manipulation of the thirteen built-in beat effects. With a touch and/or slide of the X-Pad control, the user can change the parameters of each effect for further creativity in performances.
- Excellent Sound Quality – The DJM-900SRT is built with the same high-quality input and output circuits as Pioneer’s flagship DJM-2000nexus to achieve the most accurate audio reproduction from connected sources. The 32-bit digital-to-analog converter supports all outputs of the mixer, including the master audio outputs and booth outputs as well as headphones. Additionally, the built-in high performance 32-bit digital signal processor (DSP) suppresses digital and analog circuit noise by way of high quality balanced hybrid operation amps and full balanced output circuits.
- High performance channel faders (MAGVEL Cross Fader)– The slide mechanism supports the fader knobs with two metal shafts for both longevity and smooth operability while the mechanism’s design minimizes the effects of moisture or dust particles on the mixer’s performance capabilities. With Pioneer’s P-LOCK Fader Caps, the fader channel and crossfader knobs (caps) are locked, preventing them from physically slipping off during heavy use. Furthermore, DJs can adjust the operational load, fader curve and cut lag to suit their preferences.
- PRO DJ LINK – Via an Ethernet (LAN) cable, the mixer can quickly link to the latest Pioneer PRO DJ LINK compatible CDJs or a personal computer running Pioneer’s rekordbox™ software, giving users fast access to a song’s beats per minute and beat location information, resulting in a precise beat matching capability2. Additionally, the built-in quantize mode compensates for Beat Effect operation timing errors automatically, so effects are matched perfectly.
- Peak Limiter – The DJM-900SRT is equipped with a peak limiter to minimize distortion on the master output, even at high volumes.
- Assignable MIDI Functionality – Nearly all knobs and buttons operation information can be assigned to control other devices. The mixer can also be used as a MIDI controller.
- MIDI LFO – The built-in MIDI LFO function controls external devices such as effecters, and the MIDI signal output changes at beat-by-beat intervals.
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator – Each channel of the mixer is equipped with a switchable 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB).
- Auto Standby – The mixer automatically switches to standby mode when signal inputs have not been detected for a pre-set period of time.
The DJM-900SRT is a multi-functional mixer that can accommodate various types of DJs including both traditional and Serato DJ software users, ideal for a single-DJ set-up in a venue. Additionally, Pioneer’s recently announced DDJ-SP1 sub-controller is a perfect companion to the DJM-900SRT to offer Serato DJ users with additional audio samples and effects for enhanced performances.
DJM-900SRT Video Demo Link
The DJM-900nexus will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $2,799.
1 CD/record containing prerecorded time code for the purpose of controlling DVS software.
2 Only songs analyzed by rekordbox.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
REKORDBOX is a trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
Serato DJ is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research, Ltd.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
For more information follow us on:
Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerDJ
Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerDJusa
YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal