Mix digital beats like a pro with Pioneer’s New Software Controller
Turnkey Control Solution Includes DDJ-T1 Edition of Native Instrument’s TRAKTOR DJ Software
LONG BEACH, Calif. – (January 11, 2011) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Professional Sound and Visual Division today unveiled its DDJ-T1, an intuitive DJ controller dedicated for use with Native Instrument’s popular TRAKTOR DJ software. The DDJ-T1 controller is designed for the next generation of home and casual DJs who leverage digital music files everywhere they go. Combined with a computer and the included TRAKTOR Pioneer DDJ-T1 Edition DJ software, the controller offers DJs of all levels the same operability and functionality of a professional player and mixer setup along with excellent audio quality.
“We wanted to create a solution for DJs who love the look and feel of our professional rig but who need a ‘plug-and-play’ solution for their electronic beats,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The DDJ-T1 controller and TRAKTOR software have an integrated, sleek design and several unique features that allow DJs to create top-notch performances while connected to a computer.”
The DDJ-T1 easily connects with a user’s laptop via USB for quick “plug-and-play” capability. For further convenience, the controller also comes with a computer dock that allows a laptop’s keyboard to slip directly under the controller, bringing the monitor closer to the DJ, providing fast visuals of song information while mixing. The device adopts Pioneer’s “P-LOCK Fader Cap,” designed to prevent the fader caps from slipping.
Key Features Include:
- Plug-and-Play USB Connectivity – All buttons and knobs have been pre-assigned, so users can quickly connect the controller to their laptops by USB cable and start their performances without having to adjust any complicated settings. Additionally, the DDJ-T1 can be powered through the laptop’s USB port.*1
- Included TRAKTOR DJ Software – Includes Pioneer DDJ-T1 Edition TRAKTOR DJ software. This popular software is loaded with original functionality, including four-channel deck control and a channel fader start function, which makes it easier for DJs to create exact cue starts. *2
- Specially Designed User Interface – The controller layout and TRAKTOR software interface are identical, ensuring ease-of-use and precise control. The DDJ-T1 is modeled after the proven design of the professional Pioneer DJ player and mixer and integrates 115mm jog dials, accurate search functionality to quickly find playback points, a load button for song data and a master synch button for beat matching across four channels.
- Highest-Quality Sound – The controller is optimized for the TRAKTOR DJ software and incorporates technology from Pioneer’s professional line of DJ equipment to ensure the highest quality sound output that DJs have come to expect from Pioneer products.
Additional Features include:
- Proprietary lock mechanism called the P-LOCK Fader Cap designed to prevent fader caps from slipping. *3
- Premiere built-in sound card.
The Pioneer DDJ-T1 will be available in February 2011 with a suggested retail price of $1299.
|Included Software:||PIONEER DDJ-T1 EDITION TRAKTOR DJ|
|MIC x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE), AUX x 1 (RCA)|
|Output Terminals:||MASTER OUT x 2 (1/4 inch PHONE x 1, RCA x 1), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, Mini Pin)|
|Other Terminals:||USB B connector x 1|
|Frequency Range:||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion:||0.005% or less|
Included AC Adapter:
|Power 120 V AC 60 Hz, rated output 5 V DC|
|External Dimensions||26.8 in (W) x 3.7 in (H) x 12.5 in (D)|
Mac OS X (10.5, 10.6 or later)
Windows® 7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Business Windows® (SP1 and later)
XP Home Edition/Professional (SP3 and later)
(Note: not compatible with Windows® XP Professional x64 edition)
*1 Some functions are limited. Furthermore, depending on the power supply of the USB port of the computer, the controller of may not operate on bus power. If this occurs, connection of the included AC adapter. is required.
*2 A function to start playback from a user-specified point.
*3 Patent pending.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
TRAKTOR is a trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Atomic PR for Pioneer DJ
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.