Pioneer Tunes up SMA Wireless Speakers with Addition of Pandora and vTuner Internet Radio Services
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is integrating the benefits of Internet music services and control options to its recently released SMA series Wi-Fi® speaker systems, adding the extremely popular Pandora® internet radio and vTuner™ Internet radio services. Incorporated into all three wireless speaker models, the XW-SMA1-K, XW-SMA3-K and XW-SMA4-K, the Internet radio options can be accessed through Pioneer’s ControlApp available for both Apple iOS and Android operating systems.
“Adding Pandora and vTuner to our new SMA wireless speakers greatly expands the user’s audio entertainment options by giving them access to thousands of internet radio stations in addition to the music already stored on their smart devices,” said Chris Walker, director AV product planning and marketing the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Anyone can install our easy-to-use ControlApp on their phone for free for endless music access.”
- Pandora – Pandora internet radio fans can access their personalized radio stations through the Pioneer ControlApp and playback via SMA wireless speakers. Much like the PC and smartphone version, Pandora through ControlApp displays the radio station, album, song title and artist.
- vTuner –vTuner Internet radio service offers access to thousands of Internet radio stations around the world. From the ControlApp on-screen display, users can choose from different station locations and receive the broadcasts.
The Pioneer SMA wireless speakers produce exceptional audio playback with sound tuning by Pioneer’s chief speaker designer Andrew Jones. Pioneer takes advantage of Wi-Fi’s high bandwidth to provide excellent sound quality without additional audio compression, further differentiating them from other wireless speakers on the market.
- XW-SMA1-K – Features dual 3-inch speakers and a ¾-inch soft dome tweeter, and uses a tuned bass reflex port to enhance bass response.
- XW-SMA3-K – Using identical audio components as the XW-SMA1-K, the XW-SMA3-K model adds a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery and a tough exterior for added convenience and portability. When battery power is used, music playback lasts up to 4 hours at maximum volume and up to 6 hours at 50 percent volume.
- XW-SMA4-K – Features five speakers, including dual 3-inch speakers, a dedicated 4-inch subwoofer and dual ¾-inch soft dome tweeters.
Pandora and vTuner will be available on the Pioneer SMA devices via a user-installable firmware update that will be available in the winter of 2012. Pioneer SMA speakers are currently available with suggested retail prices of $299 (XW-SMA1-K), $399 (XW-SMA3-K) and $399 (XW-SMA4-K).
Pioneer’s Home Electronics Division develops award-winning audio and video home theater products including A/V receivers, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD players, and speakers. The company’s brands include Pioneer® and Elite®. More details can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
vTuner is a registered trademark of Nothing Else Matters Software, Ltd.