Pioneer Brings Big Sound to the Desktop with Line Of Multi-Media Computer Speaker Systems
Two New Models Improve Audio Quality for Music Played on Laptops and Home Computers
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. expands its speaker offerings into the computer market with the launch of two multi-media computer speaker systems. Pioneer’s new 2.0- and 2.1-channel computer speaker systems are designed for music fans who want a higher level audio experience from their computer, whether it’s from a laptop, or a home computer. The new S-MM301 delivers big sound from its triple coil drivers and features a compact design making it ideal for travel, while the S-MM751RU speakers provide a power upgrade and strong bass performance with a dedicated subwoofer to enhance music playback on any home computer.
“Our goal with these speakers is to bring that same ‘larger-than-life’ Pioneer home audio experience onto the desktop. These new computer speakers bring that experience closer for those consumers who love to listen to their music collection from their laptops and home computers,” said Chris Walker, director AV marketing and product planning for the home entertainment division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
Portable Speakers with a Big Sound
The S-MM301 USB-powered speakers deliver big sound with better fidelity and more volume than typical laptop speakers, all from a compact package that can be transported along with a laptop.
- USB connectivity – The S-MM301 speakers are powered through the USB cable, eliminating the need for a bulky, separate AC adapter, making it easy to take along when traveling or wherever space is limited. Only slightly larger than the average smartphone, the speakers are extremely compact so users will have no problems fitting them into a laptop case or small travel bag.
- Triple Coil Drivers – The triple coil drivers built into the speakers can handle higher volume levels and deliver dynamic sound with exceptional clarity at a volume not offered by typical USB-powered speakers.
- Additional Features – The S-MM301 speakers feature metal grills to help protect the drivers from damage during travel. The system also features built-in audio controls including a volume up and down button and mute button for convenient plug-and-play use.
Upgrade With a Subwoofer
A great addition to a home office or bedroom computer, Pioneer’s new S-MM751RU 2.1-Channel Computer Speaker System delivers a full-spectrum audio experience with its integrated satellite speakers and subwoofer enclosure.
- Bass Enhancement – Small and compact, Pioneer utilizes a technology called MAXX Bass Dynamic Sound with DSP Bass Enhancement to increase dynamic range, resulting in a rich and enjoyable listening experience. The system is rated to handle a total of 40 watts (20 watt subwoofer; 10 watts for each satellite), ample power for music, movies and gaming.
- Control Puck – The S-MM751RU enables users to control the audio through a unique hockey puck-shaped controller that features a volume knob and playback controls (play/pause/rewind/forward). The control puck also includes an SD Card slot (WMA/MP3), USB port (WMA/MP3) and line-in audio input so consumers can enjoy their music from other sources without having to turn on the computer.
The Pioneer S-MM301 and S-MM751RU are now available at a minimum advertised price of $49 and $129 respectively.
It all began with a passion for music that Pioneer founder Nozomu Matsumoto hoped to share with the world. He started Pioneer in 1938 as a specialty speaker company, building products out of his garage. Today, Pioneer’s Home Entertainment and Business Solutions Group continues Matsumoto's enthusiasm, developing award-winning audio and video home theater products including A/V receivers, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD players, and speakers. Long-standing partnerships and collaborations with the creative community have provided Pioneer unique insight in its quest to capture the purity of a movie or musical artist’s original vision into its broad range of home entertainment products. The company’s brands include Pioneer® and Elite®. More details can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com.
PIONEER, the PIONEER logo and the ELITE logo are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
Blu-ray Disc is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.