Pioneer Packs More Music Entertainment, Sound Quality and Connectivity Options in Line Up of Digital Media Receivers and In-Dash Receivers
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today released two new digital media receivers and five CD models to complete its lineup of 2014 in-dash single DIN receivers. Designed specifically for smartphone consumers, the digital media receivers, MVH-X360BT and MVH-X560BT, feature enhanced connectivity, control and music playback from a smartphone in lieu of a traditional CD player mechanism. Both models offer Pandora® internet radio playback and control, media app control, Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX® virtual DJ technology, Siri® Eyes Free functionality, expanded Bluetooth®1 wireless connectivity, and the ability to directly control and play music stored on many of today’s most popular smartphones. The DEH-X7600S, DEH-X7600HD, DEH-X8600BS, DEH-X8600BH, DEH-X9600BHS single CD receivers sport a new cosmetic design, improved illumination settings and enhanced smartphone connectivity while adding SiriusXM® Satellite Radio compatibility, built-in HD Radio® and/or built-in Bluetooth (features vary by model).
“The way consumers access and store digital music has evolved with the popularity of streamed music services, the availability of cloud storage options, and increased media storage capacity on the latest smartphones. As a result, more consumers are using their smartphones as the primary source for listening in the car,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “All of our new in-dash receivers are designed to take advantage of many of the smartphone’s entertainment and communication capabilities, while also enabling simpler and more convenient access and control.”
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
- PANDORA STATION CREATION (all models) – New on all in-dash 1-DIN receivers is the new Pandora station creation feature that let users quickly create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or Android™ smartphone. Users can simply press and hold a button on the new receivers to create a new Pandora station dynamically.
The feature is further enhanced on the new CD receivers, offering users the option to create new stations using music playing from additional sources including a connected iPod device or the built-in HD Radio and SiriusXM channels2.
- MEDIA APP CONTROL (all models) – Through Media App Control3, the new models can play and control music from various music apps such as iHeartRadio® and Aupeo™. Play, pause, next and back commands, if enabled by the connected app, are available on the receivers when used with an iPhone (via USB connection) or Android (via Bluetooth) devices.
- MIXTRAX – Pioneer continues to include its revolutionary MIXTRAX® virtual DJ technology into each receiver model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- SIRIUSXM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X7600S, DEH-X8600BS and DEH-X9600BHS models are SiriusXM compatible with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, cost-effective solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's multimedia receivers include the Tune Start™ and Tune Scan™ features. Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEX-X7600HD, DEH-X8600BH and DEH-X9600BHS feature built-in HD Radio, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations across the country. All three models feature the HD Radio Artist Experience™ feature, displaying album art or station logos (when available) in addition to the artist and song title information.
SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY (all models)
Pioneer’s receiver lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones* to match consumer demand for continuous connectivity.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8600BS, DEH-X8600BH, DEH-X9600BHS, MVH-X560BT and MVH-X360BT feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
Pioneer receiver models with Bluetooth provide users of iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 the ability to take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality for a more convenient smartphone experience. With Siri Eyes Free4, users can utilize the power of voice control to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, and add reminders.
To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone devices, compatible models are enabled forAuto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. Users simply connect an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable, and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
All five Bluetooth models can store pairing data for up to three phones with the ability to quickly pair/add a new phone using Pioneer’s Guest Mode feature. With Guest Mode, the receiver prompts the user to choose which of the three registered phones to replace if an attempt is made to connect a new device.
- USB CONNECTIVITY5 – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drives and now Android devices via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol2.
The DEH-X9600BHS receiver also offers dual USB ports for connection of two compatible USB devices or media players, offering even greater media source options.
ENHANCED LOOK AND FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
The new receivers offer a cleaner, more refined cosmetic look. Brightness of the display on each model can be set to five different levels for easier visualization and operation. All models (except MVH-X360BT) feature dual zone illumination providing more than 210,000 color variations to match the vehicle’s interior lighting. Illumination of the display and keys can be customized separately for countless color combinations.
For better sound quality and system flexibility, the new DEH models feature three sets of high-volt RCA pre-outs and MOSFET 50W x 4. All models offer a 5-band equalizer for increased audio adjustments.
Pioneer receivers are available now with suggested retail prices of $100 (MVH-X360BT), $130 (MVH-X560BT), $150 (DEH-X7600S), $160 (DEH-X7600HD), $190 (DEH-X8600BS), $200 (DEH-X8600BH) and $260 (DEH-X9600BHS).
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
*Additional Pioneer or smartphone accessories may be required and sold separately.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2 Feature requires compatible receiver and metadata must be available on desired track or artist from which user wants to create station.
3DEH-X7600HD and DEH-X7600S – Media App Control available on iPhone only. More information available on www.pioneerelectronics.com/mediaappcontrol
4Siri may not be available in all languages or all areas and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
5Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.