Pioneer Nautica(TM) Speakers Answer Boat Owners' Needs
Pioneer Marine Speakers Perform in Harsh, Wet Environments
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., the leader in automotive speaker technology, today released three new Nautica™ speakers for marine use. Designed from the ground up to meet current boating/marine requirements, Pioneer's new marine speakers incorporate superior components and design to improve sound and resist the wear and tear associated with harsh, wet environments. Water-resistant injection molded polypropylene (IMPP) composite cones, elastomer surrounds, acrylonitrile-elastomer styrene (AES) glass fiber reinforced basket/magnet covers and gold tinsel wire are all incorporated in the new Nautica™ speakers to endure rusting, corrosion and warping.
“There are more than 17 million registered boats in the country, many with only a barely adequate sound system,” said Michael Townsen, vice president of marketing for mobile entertainment at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Consumers have the ability to create excellent quality sound systems for their homes and cars – they expect no less from their in-boat entertainment experience. Pioneer's new Nautica speakers will meet that need and create a surge of excitement among boat owners.”
Pioneer met with boat manufacturers to learn about recent changes in the market in an effort to develop the products consumers desire. Research showed that consumers want more bass output, higher quality materials and better design. The resulting line of speakers includes a 6½-inch dual cone, a 6½-inch two-way and a larger 8-inch speaker for increased bass response. The flagship 8-inch TS-MR2040 uses a ¾- inch Poly Imide tweeter with a reflex horn tweeter design to obtain higher output without distortion.
Features of the Pioneer Nautica™ speakers include:
- Water-resistant IMPP Composite Cone – Pioneer's popular injection molded polypylene (IMPP) cones produce outstanding mid-bass response and resist the effects of salt water, humidity and extreme heat.
- Elastomer Surround – Each speaker utilizes an elastomer surround that resists color fading or running, which extends the longevity of the product.
- Acrylonitrile-Elastomer Styrene (AES) Glass Fiber Reinforced Basket/Magnet Cover – The AES cover protects the magnetic circuit that can affect the performance of the speaker. The speakers also sport the pure white AES grilles to resists fading and yellowing caused by direct sunlight and heat.
- Gold Tinsel Wire – Gold tinsel wire and gold plated wire terminals are used for better current transfer.
- REV Style Cosmetics – The trendy REV “wheel” design is used for cosmetic appeal.
The Nautica speakers will be available in February starting at a suggested retail price of $80.
Pioneer's Mobile Entertainment Division is the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier electronic products.
|Specifications||6-1/2-inch Dual Cone||6-1/2-inch 2-Way||8-inch 2-Way|
|Water-Resistant IMPP Composite Cone Woofer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tweeter||Dual Cone||1-inch Balanced Dome||¾-inch Poly Imide tweeter (reflex horn design)|
|Crossover||-||-6dB highpass||-6dB highpass/lowpass|
|Maximum Music Power||100 Watts||160 Watts||240 Watts|
|Nominal Power Handling||25 Watts||30 Watts||50 Watts|
|Frequency Response||30-30,000 Hz||30-30,000 Hz||28-28,000 Hz|
|Sensitivity (Efficiency)||90 dB||91 dB||91 dB|
|Impedance||4 Ohm||4 Ohm||4 Ohm|
|Suggested Retail Price||$80||$130||$TBA|