Pioneer Enables Consumers to Connect with New In-Dash Receiver Models for 2015
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduced nine new CD receivers and one digital media receiver for 2015 that are designed for smartphone-centric consumers. The FH-X720BT, FH-X520UI, DEH-X6700BS, DEH-X6700BT, DEH-X5700HD, DEH-X4700BT, DEH-X3700S, DEH-X3700UI, and DEH-X2700UI CD receivers and the MVH-X370BT CD-free digital media receiver offer new cosmetics and expanded smartphone integration to match today’s consumer lifestyle. The new lineup is integrated with an assortment of convenient features and technologies including Bluetooth® Dual Device Connection, Bluetooth pairing via USB, Wideband Speech Hands free Profile 1.6, Bluetooth Music Library Browsing (AVRCP 1.5). Siri Eyes Free functionality, simple Pandora® station creation, and Android™ Media Transfer Protocol (MTP).
“As more consumers consider the smartphone their primary source for entertainment and information in the car, Pioneer continues to refine our in-dash product offerings for seamless integration with these devices,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The new Pioneer receivers are designed to take advantage of the smartphone’s entertainment and communication capabilities and are easy and simple to use.”
The receiver lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones* to meet consumer demand for connectivity.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X6700BS, DEH-X6700BT, DEH-X4700BT, MVH-X370BT and FH-X720BT feature built-in Bluetooth1 wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. All five Bluetooth models now feature Bluetooth Dual Device Connection for full time connection of two smartphone devices at the same time. The feature enables a call to be picked up by one of the paired phones and have the conversation using the included microphone and the speakers in the car, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices.
- To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone devices, compatible models are enabled for Auto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. Users simply connect an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable, and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
- HFP 1.6 with Wideband Speech – Bluetooth models feature Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6, producing significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations by increasing the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubling the sampling frequency (now 16kHz). The result is clearer and more distinct sound for both the user and the call recipient.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Bluetooth-enabled models can now have album content searched over a wireless connection. iPhone users can search through their playlists, artists, songs, and genres over Bluetooth. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) users can browse through folders containing media through folder type and browse in media content folders. Not all devices allow for Bluetooth Audio Browsing, smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile.
- USB CONNECTIVITY – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drives, or Android devices via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run on OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol2.
- SIRI EYES FREE – Pioneer receiver models with Bluetooth enable users of the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s to access Siri Eyes Free3 with the simple press of a key. Siri Eyes Free allows users to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, listen to calendar information and add reminders with their voice.
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
- PANDORA STATION CREATION (all models) – The Pandora station creation4 feature enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or compatible Android™ smartphone. Users can simply press and hold a button on the new receivers to create a new Pandora station dynamically from the currently playing song or artist.
- MIXTRAX® (all models) – Pioneer continues to include its revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology into each receiver model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- SIRIUSXM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X6700BS and DEH-X3700S models are SiriusXM® compatible with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, cost-effective solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's receivers include the Tune Start™ and Tune Scan™ features. Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEX-X5700HD feature built-in HD Radio®, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio and additional programming on HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations across the country.
COSMETIC DESIGN AND FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
The cosmetics of the new receivers were revamped to offer a sleeker, more modern look with refinements on brightness and custom illumination. Pioneer increased the brightness control providing 10-step intensity levels for easier visualization and operation. All models (except DEH-X4700BT, DEH-X2700UI and MVH-X370BT) offer Dual Zone Color Illumination and are customizable with more than 210,000 color variations to match the vehicle’s interior lighting. The receivers also include an illumination timer which can be set to automatically change dimmer settings at specified times, ideal for vehicles without a dedicated illumination output wire. For better sound quality and system flexibility the models are built with MOSFET 50W x 4 speaker outputs and up to three sets of RCA pre-outs.
For more information on the new line visit, www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers.
Pioneer receivers are available now with suggested retail prices of: $150 (FH-X720BT), $120 (FH-X520UI), $130 (DEH-X6700BS), $120 (DEH-X6700BT), $110 (DEH-X5700HD), $110 (DEH-X4700BT), $110 (DEH-X3700S), $100 (DEH-X3700UI), $90 (DEH-X2700UI), and $100 (MVH-X370BT).
For more information follow us on:
Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerUSA
Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerNorthAmerica
YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerelectronics
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
*Additional Pioneer or smartphone accessories may be required and sold separately (www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers).
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
3Siri may not be available in all languages or all areas and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
4 Feature requires compatible receiver and metadata must be available on desired track or artist from which user wants to create station.
PIONEER and MIXTRAX are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Siriu XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.