Pioneer Car Stereos Keep Drivers on the Go with Enhanced Bluetooth Functionality, iPod and USB Connectivitiy and Excellent Sound Quality
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduced twelve new single CD players that meet the growing consumers demand for on-the-go connectivity, fluid design and excellence in sound quality. The new line of Pioneer and Premier branded single CD players includes a mix of models with enhanced connectivity options as well as a revamped look and feel. The majority of players also boast Pioneer’s Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR), a patented technology that restores musical detail lost when compressed music files (MP3, WMA and AAC) are created. The result is a fuller, richer and more enjoyable listening experience during playback.
“Today’s consumers feel the need to stay connected, engaged and entertained with great quality audio. We’ve designed our new line of car stereos for just that – giving consumers various options to integrate portable devices with our products, whether it’s a Bluetooth cell phone, iPod or another music player, or even a USB storage device,” said Larry Rougas, vice president of marketing and product planning for the mobile business group of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “In addition to staying connected, we’re also focused on providing the best sound quality experience for consumers by creating technologies such as ASR, so the music they listen to sounds more like the original track recorded in the studio.”
Connectivity with popular audio players, such as iPods and other devices with USB connections, were enhanced in the entire line-up of Pioneer single CD players. Many of Pioneer’s new players include Rotary Commander functionality, which allows users to quickly and easily browse through music stored in certain portable music players (such as iPods*) and USB memory devices.** Pioneer also improved its iPod menu sequence for controlling an iPod through the Pioneer player -- the menu on the Pioneer player now follows the same structure as an iPod when searching for music. This function enables users to be brought back to the previous list menu when pushing the click-back feature, eliminating the need to start a music search from the top menu.
Pioneer further enhanced the iPod* interface with Alphabetical Speed Search, iPod Passenger Control and Link Search, making a Pioneer single CD player the preferred solution for controlling an iPod in-car. Here’s the low-down on these three enhancements:
• Alphabetical Speed Search allows the user to quickly scroll through long lists of artists, albums, and songs titles. The speed search can be performed by accessing its first letter in the title.
• iPod Passenger Control gives the option for passengers to browse and select music directly through the iPod player itself.
• Link Search let users view all the content by the currently playing artist (similar to the artist folder function on an iPod).
The entire lineup takes on a stylish, rich and elegant design with minimal buttons for an ultra-clean look in any dashboard. The use of minimal buttons was achieved with the advancement of the rotary commander, providing better and faster operation for all sources. In upper end models, the rotary commander was increased in size for an improved tactile feel and ease of use. The rotary commander is supported by Pioneer’s Organic Electroluminescence (OEL) display technology in mid- and upper- models for swift retrieval of music files and ease of use when scrolling through audio and function menus.
For late model vehicles where dashboards are outfitted with double DIN sized car stereos, Pioneer’s new flagship double DIN models, FH-P8000BT and FH-P800BT, provide a modern and “better than OEM” look and feel. Both units share a large segmented OEL three line display so users can clearly and easily see music and Bluetooth information.
Pioneer single CD players also include these additional key features:
- Built-In USB Control – Mid- and upper- Pioneer and Premier models have a USB input directly on the player for iPods, USB memory devices and other portable storage (flash drives) devices with a USB connection. Connected devices are fully and directly controlled at high speed by the Pioneer headunits. **
- BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology*** – The FH-P8000BT, FH-P800BT, DEH-P7000BT and DEH-P700BT incorporate built-in Bluetooth which enables hands-free cellular phone operation, utilizing the speakers in the car and the included microphone during calls. These units also offer automatic phonebook transfer for certain AT Command or PBAP supported phones as well as simple phone registration for most cellular phones. An Advanced Echo Cancellation feature offer three levels of adjustment to keep phone calls sounding sufficiently loud and clear. Various single CD offerings are “Bluetooth Ready,” allowing the feature to be added using the CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Wireless Adapter (sold separately).
- Auxiliary Input – Integration of other portable devices that do not feature either iPod or compatible USB control is easy with Pioneer’s built-in auxiliary inputs. Almost all models feature a mini-jack port for quick connection of any portable device allowing the user to hear content from an auxiliary-connected device through the Pioneer system.
- HD Digital Radio Ready - With the optional GEX-P10HD HD tuner (sold separately), Pioneer IP-bus headunits can receive HD Radio content. Four Pioneer models have built-in HD Radio control (DEH-P7000BT, DEH-P700BT, FH-P8000BT, and FH-P800BT) while other models can control Pioneer’s HD tuner as an “External Device”.
- Satellite Radio Ready – Most of the models are XM and SIRIUS satellite radio ready, giving consumers a choice in service. Access to more than 170 channels of music, sports and news are available with both services using an optional tuner and paid subscription.
For further details on the new product line, click below:
Pioneer’s Mobile Business Group is known for offering the kind of in-car products that make driving more enjoyable by offering high quality audio and video, advanced connectivity and ease-of-use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio, video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and sound competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier products.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four core business domains including Blu-ray Disc and DVD, display technologies, navigation and Digital Network Entertainment.™
*Compatible with most iPods 3rd generation or later. See more details about compatibility on the pioneerelectronics.com website.
**Not all USB storage devices or contents are compatible with a USB-enabled Pioneer system, such as DRM content and MTP connection devices. See more details about compatibility on the pioneerelectronics.com website.
***Bluetooth functionality requires a Bluetooth-enabled Pioneer system and a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Some Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones may not be fully compatible with (and have full functionality with) a Bluetooth-enabled Pioneer system. See more details about compatibility on the pioneerelectronics.com website.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
PREMIER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
IPOD is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
HD Digital Radio is a registered trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
XM is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio Inc.
SIRIUS is a registered trademark of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.