Pioneer's New Multi-Media Center Offers More for Less
New AVH-P5700DVD is Expandable to Create Full-blown Audio Video System
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., the established leader in mobile entertainment products, today unveiled its AVH-P5700DVD, its most affordable in-car multi-media center that offers a 6.5-inch motorized touch screen monitor, DVD/CD/.mp3 playback, high power MOSFET 50 X 4 output and detachable face security. The DIN sized AVH-P5700DVD is designed to replace any existing car radio, providing consumers with uncompromised audio and video performance. With added features such as composite audio video input, enhanced iPod controls capability, vehicle dynamics processor capability, satellite radio capability and three RCA outputs, in-car audio and video consumers can easily grow with the system.
“We continue to offer the most competitive mobile audio video products in the market,” said Michael Townsen, director of marketing for the mobile entertainment division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The AVH-P5700DVD is an excellent audio video product and with other add-on Pioneer components such as VDP and navigation, the system becomes a full-blown information and entertainment system.”
Primary features include:
- Touch Panel Operation – 6.5-inchtouch panel screen and graphic user interface to simplify all audio, video and navigation functions. The Pioneer touch panel screen provides crisp picture quality that minimizes reflection without adversely affecting contrast levels.
- DVD-Video (DVD-R/RW) – Versatile DVD mechanism that plays conventional DVD-Video as well as DVD-R/RW discs.
- MP3 – The extremely popular .mp3 compressed audio format can be played.
With easy add-on components, the AVH-P5700DVD also offers the following:
- Navigation ready – The unit is ready to connect to Pioneer's add-on navigation products, which include the AVIC-880DVD and AVIC-88DVD.
- Vehicle Dynamics Processor ready – The unit is compatible with the AVG-VDP1 vehicle dynamics processor. The touch screen controls all AVG-VDP1 functions to measure and display vehicle performance such as G-force, acceleration, etc.
- Enhanced iPod® Controls – Full control of the Apple iPodÒ including multi-line display and list search functions operate with the CD-IB100 iPodÒ adapter.
- IP-Bus Control – The unit connects to add-on Pioneer IP-Bus products including XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio tuners, TV tuner, DVD/CD changer, etc.
The AVH-P5700DVD is available in March 2005 with a suggested retail price of $1200.
Pioneer's Mobile Entertainment Division is the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier products.