High Performance and New Technology Drive Pioneer's New Line of In-Car CD Players
Fifteen New Pioneer CD Players Offer Stunning Cosmetics in Any Car Dashboard
LAS VEGAS – CES Booth #9817 (January 7, 2004) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., the established leader in mobile entertainment products, today unveiled its new line of in-car CD players, designed to enhance the music listening experience and create a dramatic statement to any vehicle dashboard. A typical 25-54 year old consumer spends an average of 7 hours and 28 minutes in their vehicle each week according to the U.S. Department of Transportation. To make the time in the car more enjoyable, Pioneer has developed a range of CD players with unique technological features including playback of .mp3 and WMA files, advanced equalization for better quality sound and MOSFET amplification for more power. The new line of CD players also offers unique styling with multi-color organic electroluminescense (OEL) screens, 3-D graphics, personalization and motorized faceplates.
“Today's car stereo is the hub for entertainment and can also be a form of expression,” said Michael Townsen, vice president of marketing for mobile entertainment at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We're offering the hottest technologies like .mp3 playback and satellite radio capabilities. Our stereos also offer great styling with multi-color OEL screens, 3-D graphics and sleek, clean designs.”
Featured technologies in Pioneer and Pioneer Premier in-car CD players include:
Multi-Color Organic EL Technology - Four CD players boast Pioneer's signature OEL technology and an additional four models offer a new multi-color OEL screen. The 192 x 48 pixel, passive matrix multi-color display provides a very bright, easy to read screen – now with multiple colors. The vivid three-dimensional screen enables users to control the functions of the radio at a glance. Consumers also can add their own digital images to the screen via a CD-R, allowing them to personalize their radio and to change the image at any time.
.mp3/WMA playback – The popularity of compressed audio has exploded in recent years allowing consumers to store an abundant amount of music in one CD-R disc. Ten CD players support playback of .mp3 and WMA files using a highly improved digital speed-read mechanism, which provides faster loading and track-to-track access times. Multiple players also feature advanced text capability showing up to 64 characters (32 characters on all others) to display folder, file, artist, album and song names making them easy to manage and access.
Bit Media Expander (BMX) – Pioneer's Bit Media Expander restores some of the critical sound lost during recording of compressed audio CDs. Pioneer integrates BMX in all of its car stereos that offer playback of .mp3 and WMA to restore lost harmonics, giving the listener more warmth and richness.
Rotary Commanders – Pioneer's DEH-P8600MP and Premier DEH-P860MP players use a 7-way rotary commander to control “audio” and “function” menus. Retrieval of files is fast and easy with a push and rotation of the rotary control.
- Supertuner IIID – This digital AM/FM tuner circuitry provides excellent sensitivity; low multi-path noise; resistance to interference and exceptional stereo imaging. Pioneer's Supertuner IIID maintains the stereo signal for a radio station much longer than conventional tuners with less FM noise and increased dynamic range.
- Satellite Radio Ready – All of Pioneer's new in-car CD players are XM Satellite Radio ready, giving consumers easy access to 100 channels of music, sports and news through XM service.
- Detachable Face Technology – Originally designed by Pioneer, this security feature is now a standard throughout the industry. It is incorporated in all of Pioneer's car stereos including standard detachable face, flap down detachable face and motorized detachable face.
- MOSFET50 – MOSFET 50 (50 Watts X 4) amplification gives consumers the power they desire in an aftermarket car stereo.
- Easy EQ – Pioneer makes it easy to contour the sound for any consumer taste. With five different factory settings (vocal, natural, powerful, super bass and flat) and the ability to make changes with the 3-band parametric equalizer, Easy EQ dials in optimal sound for every type of music.
Pioneer's line of in-car CD players starts at a suggested retail price of only $145.
Pioneer's Mobile Entertainment Division is the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier electronic products.