Professional Digital Turntable (Limited Edition)
Exclusively available on pioneerelectronics.com
Suggested Price: $749.00
This limited edition black on black turntable (CDJ-400-K) gives you all the functionality of the CDJ-400 with an edge. The collector edition version of this popular mixer will stand out with its unique cobalt blue illumination.
- Learn more about the CDJ-400 with our frequently asked questions
Scratch Jog Effect
A highlight of the CDJ-400-K is its scratching capability.
In addition to traditional “vinyl” mode scratching, Pioneer implemented the World’s First Scratch Jog Effect. Three highlighted buttons, each assigned to a special effect, Bubble, Trans and Wah, creates unique scratching sound effects that can be enabled by the DJ on the fly.
A “hold” button was also added to retain the different effects throughout the session or until its release, which can also be triggered at any point of play.
MP3 Playback from a variety of sources
The CDJ-400-K’s cosmetic design is simple and compact with all of its various controls and features located directly on top of the unit.
A USB port found on the face of the player allows DJs to play their MP3 music collection from a wide variety of portable music devices such as thumb drives, MP3 players or external hard drives. With the use of a multi-function selector knob/button and its large, bright, dot-matrix LCD display, locating and accessing of files from these types of music devices as well as MP3 music files on CD and CD-R/RW through the CD slot are done with a turn and press of the knob.
DJ Software Compatibility and MIDI Control
With more of today’s DJs utilizing different DJ software for their performances, the CDJ-400-K is also equipped with a PC mode.
In this mode, the CDJ-400-K is a native controller for software such as Pioneer DJS computer software and SERATO® Scratch LIVE. For example, the movement of the pitch slider on the CDJ-400-K can control the pitch slider on the computer software and no timecode CD is required for audio control.
The player can also act as a MIDI controller where the user can assign virtually every button on the player to trigger functions of various DJ software programs.
Additional Performance Features:
- Digital Loop Functions: A variety of loops can be created for additional audio effects. Beat Loop: Automatically creates a four beat loop based on the tempo of the music (BPM) being played.
- Loop Divide: Rhythmically divides the loop to create different patterns. Hot Loop: Restarts the loop seamlessly from its entry without interruption of the music.
- Digital Jog Break: In CD mode the CDJ-400 contains three effects, Jet, Roll and Wah, which further enhances the audio by simply rotating the jog dial. The same buttons for the Scratch Jog Effect are assigned to the Digital Jog Break which are accessible at any point of play.
- Tempo Control: Four tempo modes, ±6%, ±10%, ±16% and WIDE, provide additional speed control with a resolution of 0.02% in the 6% range.
- Cue/Loop Points: Up to 10 cue/loop points per disc, for up to 920 discs, can be stored to player’s memory.
- Jog Indicator: A red halo illumination around the jog provides instantaneous visual feedback to the DJ. Customizable Jog Wheel: Users can create their own customized image to insert under the removable jog wheel top.
- Digital Output: A digital output is available for a direct connection for clearer sound to a connected mixer.
- Resume Function: The function takes effect if a CD is ejected accidentally. Once the DJ re-inserts the disc, it automatically starts playing from exactly the point where it stopped.
|Super Fast Track and Time|
|Fader start play activated|
|Skip back key goes to prior track|
|Real Time cue/real time loop in/out|
|long loop (10 minutes +)|
|Auto Beat Loop|
|Short Loop (1/74 of a second)|
|Out point loop adjustment|
|Cue Point Sampler|
|Cue Point Sampler Length||10 Minutes|
|Auto Cue On Off|
|Range +/- 6%|
|Range +/- 10%|
|Range +/- 16%|
|Range +/- 100% (WIDE)|
|Master Tempo (Pitch Lock)|
|Cue Point Correction / Pitch Mode|
|Jog Dial Size||4in|
|Jog Break: Jet|
|Jog Break: Roll|
|Jog Break: Wah|
|Scratch Effect: Bubble|
|Scratch Effect: Transform|
|Scratch Effect: Wah|
|Internal Cue Point Memory|
|USB Disk Format: FAT12|
|USB Disk Format: FAT16|
|USB Disk Format: FAT32|
|Built In Sound Card|
|Compatible with DJS|
|Compatible with Serato Scratch Live|
|Analog RCA Output|
|Analog Audio Output Level (1kHz, 0dB)||2.0 V|
|16 Bit 44.1 kHz Digital RCA Output|
|USB (to computer)|
|CD Loading Design|
|Oil Damper Floating Structure|
|Dimensions (WxDxH) (Tabletop)||8.5 x 11.6 x 4.2|
|Weight (Tabletop)||6.0 lbs|
|Frequency Response||4Hz -20kHz|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio (EIAJ)||115dB|
|Stereo Phone Cable (RCA)|
|Control Cord (3.5mm minijack)|
|Forced Eject Pin|
|Jogdial Graphic Inserts|
|Driver Description||File Size|
|CDJ-400 Driver Installation Guide||195 kb|
|CDJ-400 Device Driver ver. 1.007||1,023 kb|
|Firmware Description||File Size|
|CDJ-400 Firmware update procedure to v1.30||39 kb|
|CDJ-400 update to Firmware version 1.30 (WIN)||1,183 kb|
|CDJ-400 update to Firmware version 1.30 (MAC)||1,182 kb|
Extract the file before updating the CDJ-400 firmware.
- Download the firmware file to your computer
- Double-click the downloaded file to extract the firmware.
- Select a folder to extract file to then click the OK button.
Extracted file name : CDJ400.HEX
NOTE : You can either use USB Memory(*) or CD-R to update CDJ-400.
*USB Memory will need to be formatted in FAT or FAT32.
- Mac OS CDJ Aggregator Instruction Manual: Updated 22-July 2011
- CDJ-400 Limited Aggregator Download: Updated 22-July 2011