5¼" 2-Way Speaker
- 180 Watts Max Power (35 Watts Nominal)
- Revolutionary Basalt Fiber IMX Speaker Cones Provide Strength and Durability for Amazing Sound
- High-Quality Crossover Network
Absolute fidelity to musical sources takes form from speakers that reproduce the ambience in which sounds originate. Stage size, musicians’ movement, aural reflection and other distinctive details all bring these sounds to life. Pioneer D-Series speakers are available in 2-way component packages or 2-way coaxial designs in multiple sizes that fit most vehicles.
What is “Open & Smooth” Sound?™
The "Open & Smooth" sound concept of our industry-leading speakers delivers both sonic excellence and performance. The open-staging and smooth transition of driver response makes for an immersive experience that is truly the ultimate in-car sound.
- Open: Open staging and sound characteristics enhance the widening effect that extends way beyond the space between speakers.
- Smooth: With smooth transitions between mid-bass and tweeter, sound from these speakers is not marred by crossover frequency dips.
Dual-Layer IMX Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
To create new D-Series speakers, Pioneer developed the industry’s first basalt fiber made from natural rock interwoven with aramid fiber. Used in the surface layer, this dual-layer IMX (injection molded matrix) aramid/basalt fiber composite material is highly rigid and better absorbent, enhancing stability and maintaining integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
Rear Chamber Tweeter Enclosure
D-Series speakers feature an exclusive rear chamber tweeter enclosure that we first used in our famed PRS speakers. It extends mid-range frequency for improved vocal imaging and staging.
The built-in -12dB/Octave HPF and LPF crossover improves the transition from mid to high frequency, for a smoother mid-range to tweeter response. Audiophile-grade capacitors and inductors are used, and all components are encased in a clear acrylic cover for protection.
- Smooth Off-Axis Response
- Optimal Choice of Tweeter Diaphragm Shapes
- Wave Guides control sound dispersion to make sound stage wider in the car.
- Lower Crossover Frequency
- Large-Sized Tweeter Diaphragm (1-1/8" diameter)
- Rear Chamber
- Light Weight Soft-Dome Diaphragm
- High-Quality Passive Crossover Network (Woofer, LPF: -6 dB; Tweeter, HPF: -12 dB)
- Low Distortion
- Thick Woofer Basket
- Large-Sized Woofer Magnet
- Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
- 180 W (35 W)
- Dual Layer IMX Aramid-Basalt
- 35 Hz to 40 kHz
- 88 dB
- 4 Ω
- 6,000 Hz